In entering the blogging world we bloggers do what is called a “Linky Party” where we just get on each other’s blogs and talk. So here is a fun one I wanted to enter called “7 (non-teaching) Things I Love!”
1. I love my grandbabies. I thought for sure when I had grandkids that they would be boys, so I made up a grandkids room with a car theme, legos, action figures and hot wheels. Then I had 3 granddaughters! Go figure. But they are the sparkle in my life right now.
2. My Bear Lake cabin. I love to run away to my beautiful 3 bedroom cabin on a lake and read, refresh my mind and get peace from the hub bub world.
3. Reading. My favorite are usually biographies or memoirs. I love learning about other people and how they live their lives.But I love blogs, magazines, and fiction too. It is one of my favorite pastimes.
|A museum exhibit I loved made up of a gazillion BOOKS!|
4. Decorating and remodeling. I have to go in stages because it does get old, but I have been continually updating our house now for about 2 years. Next thing is making a headboard out of a door or shutters and knitting an afgan for the great room after we finished the wood floors! EEK!
|Bathroom remodel…granite sink & countertop|
5. Flower gardens. I’m not saying I like gardening, I just love to SEE beautiful flower gardens. I aspire to having one but I’m currently a black thumb. But I do try. I love flower shops for the same reason.
|My wannabe garden…|
6. Cooking and trying out new recipes. I love the website allrecipes.com because each recipe is rated and that way you know you are getting a good one if 500 people said so. I love to cook too, but mostly I just love to eat good food.
|Super Bowl party food I made…Brie with puff pastry and black bean salsa|
7. I love PEOPLE! I love my family, my friends, kids, coworkers, parents, and people’s comments on my facebook posts and my blog. It’s fun to have lots of people in my life.
|My family biking on dad’s birthday|